Central Denver’s Top Quality Mold Remediation & Inspection Services
If Your Home Was in a Flood, Your Next Worry is Mold
- Certified and Highly Trained Mold Remediation Experts
- Prompt Mold Infiltration Assessment
- Experts with Restoration Certification
- Financing Available
Expert Mold Remediation Services in Denver CO
The growth and spread of mold can wreak havoc on your home or business when not taken care of properly and promptly. Not only does it affect the structural integrity of your home, but when microscopic mold spores get in the air, it can cause health issues for those living/working inside.
While excessive mold levels are never a sign of positivity, there is good news. With the help of Restoration 1 of Central Denver CO, you can return those mold levels to normal with quality mold remediation and water damage restoration process in Denver CO.
What Does Mold Need to Grow?
Mold can grow anywhere in your home or business, but it requires the right conditions and environment to thrive. Without the right conditions, you minimize the chances of mold growing and spreading.
There are four common causes for mold to grow appropriately:
- Moisture – mold requires excessive moisture to grow and spread, which is why it is a breeding ground in standing water, humid, wet, and damp environments.
- Food Source – mold spores are tiny living microorganisms that feed on any organic matter they can find.
- Oxygen –since mold spores are obligate aerobes, they can’t survive without oxygen, even if oxygen levels are low.
- Temperature –mold thrives in temperatures above 40 degrees Fahrenheit, especially between 76 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
When you think about it, there are a lot of opportunities for mold to grow in your home or business. Oxygen is always available, the temperature is almost always right, organic materials are all over the place, and mold grows where moisture is common — especially when water damage is present, it is essential to prevent mold by keeping dry areas and keeping your house at a cool temperature. If there is a mold issue, it is necessary to act quickly.
If left untreated for too long, it could require additional services like asbestos abatement. When signs of moisture lead to mold growth, mold mitigation is the next step.
Most Common Areas to Find Mold Damage
Certain areas in the home are more prone to mold contamination and spreading mold spores. These are usually the areas with the highest humidity levels and the most plumbing or appliances connected to a water line. Mold removal requires professional equipment such as air scrubbers, an HVAC system, and more.
Let’s take a look at the most common areas of mold damage:
- Bathroom –mold damage is typical around the shower, toilet, and sink, mainly due to the high humidity when you shower.
- Kitchen –the refrigerator, sink, and dishwasher are all culprits of water damage, which can lead to mold growth when not repaired promptly.
- Attic –due to the lack of ventilation in the attic, it’s common for mold to grow in this area, especially if there’s a roof, pipe, or HVAC leak.
- Basement – due to the basement’s moist, damp, and dark environment, mold growth is expected, especially if there’s a leak or flood.
- Crawlspaces –high humidity levels and lots of plumbing pipes make crawlspaces a common area for mold growth.
- Laundry Room –a leaking washing machine can lead to water damage and mold growth if not repaired quickly, especially if there’s a lack of ventilation.
If you’re not maintaining these home areas and often inspecting them for mold growth, then mold levels can grow to unhealthy ones. The worse it gets, the more damage it can do to your home’s structure and your loved ones’ health. It is essential to start mold removal early. There is never too early of a time to begin the mold remediation protocol.
Warning Signs of Mold Damage
Knowing when to get a mold inspection is essential, and learning how to spot mold in its early stages is crucial to maintaining the integrity of your home. Mold infestation can happen in a blink of an eye, and the signs are evident if you know what to look for.
While you might not have the advanced equipment we have, there are various warning signs you can keep an eye out for when searching for mold inside your property.
- A musty, damp, or earthy smell coming from an unknown source.
- Black, green, white, or gray spots on your walls, ceilings, or floors.
- Long-term moisture issues in some regions of the home.
- Water damage that hasn’t been dried or repaired in a timely fashion.
- Flooding issues that weren’t immediately attended to.
- Unexplainable physical health concerns.
We use eye protection, HEPA vacuums, moisture meters, and infrared cameras to look for any mold growth or porous materials.
If you are having mold issues and are detecting any of these warning signs, there’s a good chance there is hidden mold that has started to grow and spread inside your home or business. You should contact a professional who understands mold inspection sciences — like Restoration 1 of Central Denver — to begin mold testing to pinpoint the growth level, quality mold remediation process, and water damage repair in Denver. Call us today to clean mold and prevent cross contamination in your home.
The Many Risks of Mold Growth & Spread
Mold damage is often unpleasant to look at, eats away at the structure of your home, causes structural damage, and causes several health concerns to those inside the home. Though mold is always present no matter where you turn, excessive mold is never positive, and the mold removal process needs to begin immediately. Signs that mold growth is current:
- Runny nose, congestion, sneezing, coughing
- Eye irritation and headaches
- Sore throat, wheezing, and lung irritation
- Skin rashes
- Musty Odor
- Mold damage to the structure of your home
- Not pleasant and unappealing to look at
- Poor Indoor Air Quality
No one wants mold growth inside their home or business, and it’s never too early to remove mold. That’s why you should never hesitate to clean and disinfect the area for your own health. If the mold removal process becomes too much to handle or has affected a large area of your property, you should contact a professional to ensure the process is done safely and leave the affected area immediately.
If mold is allowed to grow for too long, it could lead to more dangerous growth, such as black mold. Black mold begins to give out a musty odor making the air quality dangerous and is a mold problem that requires professional remediation.
Why Choose Restoration 1 of Central Denver For Mold Removal?
If you’re worried about the growth and spread of mold in your home and business, contact Restoration 1 of Central Denver today for mold abatement. We can help you with mold cleanup, detect, diagnose, and remediate excess levels of mold; that way, you can ensure your home is a safe place to live. Call us today for a detailed inspection with as little disruption to your home.
We serve the following neighborhoods:
- Central Denver
- Wheat Ridge
- Downtown Denver
- Mountain View
- Bear Creek
- Lincoln Park
- Ruby Hill
- Sloans Lake
- The Highlands
- West Colfax.
We take pride in serving the Denver community and are dedicated to providing best-in-class service to those that need it the most. We’ll find the source of the problem and restore your home back to its original condition which is why we offer a free consultation.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider us:
- We serve both commercial and residential properties
- Our experts are certified, licensed, and bonded
- Locally owned by women
- We operate with high service standards
- We provide excellent customer service and constant communication
- We work with all insurance companies
- 24/7 emergency services with fast response times
- A portion of every job is donated to Rocky Mountain Cancer Assistance
- Top-Notch Service Standards compared to competitors like Green Home Solutions