Central Denver’s Top Quality Mold Remediation & Inspection Services
If Your Home Was in a Flood, Your Next Worry is Mold
- Certified and Highly Trained Mold Remediation Experts
- Prompt Mold Infiltration Assessment
- Financing Available
Expert Mold Remediation Service in Denver
The growth and spread of mold can wreak havoc on your home or business when not taken care of in a proper and timely fashion. Not only does it have an effect on the structural integrity of your home, but it can have a dangerous impact on the health of those living/working inside.
While excessive mold levels are never a sign of positivity, there is good news. With the help of Restoration 1 of Central Denver, you can return those mold levels back to normal with quality mold remediation and water damage restoration in Denver.
What Does Mold Need to Grow?
Mold has the ability to grow anywhere in your home or business, but it requires the right conditions and environment to thrive. Without the right conditions, you minimize the chances of mold growing and spreading.
There are four main things that mold needs to grow properly:
- Moisture – mold requires water in order to grow and spread, which is why it thrives in humid, wet, and damp environments.
- Food Source – mold spores are tiny living microorganisms that feed on any organic matter that it can find.
- Oxygen –since mold spores are obligate aerobes, they can’t survive without oxygen, even if oxygen levels are low.
- Temperature –mold thrives in temperatures above 40 degrees fahrenheit, especially between 76 and 86 degrees fahrenheit.
When you think about it, there’s a lot of opportunity for mold to grow in your home or business. Oxygen is always available, the temperature is almost always right, organic materials are all over the place, and moisture is common — especially when water damage is present.
Most Common Areas to Find Mold Damage
There are certain areas in the home that are more prone to mold growing and spreading. These are usually the areas that have the highest humidity levels, the most plumbing, or appliances connected to a water line.
Let’s take a look at the most common areas of mold damage:
- Bathroom –mold damage is common around the shower, toilet, and sink, especially due to the high humidity when you shower.
- Kitchen –the refrigerator, sink, and dishwasher are all culprits of water damage, which can lead to mold growth when not repaired in a timely fashion.
- Attic –due to the lack of ventilation in the attic, it’s common for mold to grow in this area, especially if there’s a roof, pipe, or HVAC leak.
- Basement – due to the moist, damp, and dark environment in the basement, mold growth is common, especially if there’s a leak or flood.
- Crawlspaces –high humidity levels and lots of plumbing pipes make crawlspaces a common area for mold growth.
- Laundry Room –a leaking washing machine can lead to water damage and mold growth if not repaired quickly, especially if there’s a lack of ventilation.
If you’re not maintaining these areas of the home and inspecting them often for mold growth, then mold levels can grow to unhealthy levels. The worse it gets, the more damage it can do to the structure of your home and the health of your loved ones.
Warning Signs of Mold Damage
Knowing how to spot and detect mold in its early stages is crucial to maintaining the integrity of your home.
While you might not have the advanced equipment that we have, there are a variety of warning signs you can keep an eye out for when searching for mold inside your property.
- A musty, damp, or earthy smell coming from an unknown source.
- Black, green, white, or gray spots on your walls, ceilings, or floors.
- Long-term moisture issues in certain areas of the home.
- Water damage that hasn’t been dried or repaired in a timely fashion.
- Flooding issues that weren’t immediately attended to.
- Unexplainable physical health concerns.
If you detect any of these warning signs, there’s a good chance mold has started to grow and spread inside your home or business. You should contact a professional — like Restoration 1 of Central Denver — immediately for quality mold remediation and water damage repair in Denver.
The Many Risks of Mold Growth & Spread
Mold damage is often unpleasant to look at, it eats away at the structure of your home, and it causes a number of health concerns to those inside the home. Though mold is always present no matter where you turn, excessive mold is never a positive and needs to be attended to.
- Runny nose, congestion, sneezing, coughing
- Eye irritation and headaches
- Sore throat, wheezing, and lung irritation
- Skin rashes
- Mold damage to the structure of your home
- Not pleasant and unappealing to look at
No one wants mold growth inside their home or business. That’s why you should never hesitate to clean and disinfect the area. If the mold becomes too much to handle or has affected a large area of your property, you should contact a professional to ensure the process is done safely.
Why Choose Restoration 1 of Central Denver?
If you’re worried about the growth and spread of mold in your home and business, contact Restoration 1 of Central Denver today. We can help you detect, diagnose, and remediate excess levels of mold, that way you can ensure your home is a safe place to live.
We serve the following neighborhoods:
- Central Denver
- Wheat Ridge
- Downtown Denver
- Mountain View
- Bear Creek
- Lincoln Park
- Ruby Hill
- Sloans Lake
- The Highlands
- West Colfax.
We take pride in serving the Denver community and are dedicated to providing best-in-class service to those that need it the most. We’ll find the source of the problem and restore your home back to its original condition.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider us:
- We serve both commercial and residential properties
- Our experts are certified, licensed, and bonded
- Locally owned by women
- We operate with high service standards
- We provide excellent customer service and constant communication
- We work with all insurance companies
- 24/7 emergency services with fast response times
- A portion of every job is donated to Rocky Mountain Cancer Assistance
- Top-Notch Service Standards